The Research Council supports high-quality, researcher-initiated international cooperation through the Academy Project, Academy Research Fellow, Clinical Researcher and Postdoctoral Researcher funding schemes and through participation in strategically selected international joint calls. The Research Council targets funding at internationally competitive research with a view to promoting the opportunities of researchers in Finland to engage in successful, high-impact research at an international scale. The Research Council attaches importance to multilateral European and Nordic cooperation. All international cooperation should also primarily be based on the interests and needs of Finnish research.
In the promotion of cooperation and the planning of funding calls, the Research Council pays special attention to the continuity of research, on the one hand, and to the granting of funding for new initiatives and sectors and the added value of cooperation for Finnish research on the other.
Information on upcoming calls is posted on the Academy’s website and Twitter account.
European funding cooperation
- JPND −Neurodegenerative Diseases Research
- ERA-NET NEURON – Neuroscience research
- EJP RD − European Joint Programme on Rare Diseases
- ERA PerMed - Personalised Medicine
- JPI AMR - Antimicrobial Resistance
- TO-REACH – Health systems
- European partnership on Health and Care Systems Transformation
- LEAP-Agri − Food and nutrition security and sustainable agriculture
- ForestValue − Forest-based bioeconomy
- BONUS − The joint Baltic Sea research and development programme
- Water JPI − Water challenges for a changing world
- BiodivERsA − Biodiversity research