International cooperation is an important tool for supporting and reinforcing the quality, impact and renewal of research. All our funding opportunities are designed with a view to supporting the internationalisation of Finnish science and Finnish researchers. We also help researchers in applying for international funding, we participate in European and global organisations and networks, and we disseminate information about Finnish research and the Finnish science and research system.
Boosting the internationalisation of research requires close collaboration with researchers, research organisations and funding agencies as well as national and international actors. We also engage in funding cooperation with key countries to ensure that Finnish researchers are in the best possible position to engage in high-standard international research collaborations.
Learn more about our international cooperation
Our research councils present their international activities on their own pages.
International funding calls
The calls’ contact persons are mentioned in the call texts.
Inquiries and more information
- Academy of Finland International Policy for 2017–2021 (PDF)
- Quality, Impact and Renewal in International Cooperation – Academy of Finland International Policy for 2017–2021, Background Memorandum (PDF)
- European cooperation: eu(at)aka.fi
- Global partnerships: global(at)aka.fi
- Cooperation with the Nordic countries: nordic(at)aka.fi