Based on the Strategic Research Council’s proposal, the Finnish Government decided the 2020 themes and priorities for strategic research in its plenary session on 10 October 2019.
The thematic areas for 2020 are:
- Dealing with Climate Change - the Human Perspective
- Information Literacy and Evidence Informed Decision-Making
Inclusive Co-Creation is a cross-cutting priority in both themes.
The themes are a part of SRC funding as a whole, contributing to the solution of major societal challenges. ”The Research Council is prepared to swiftly organise a programme for each of the themes. The aim of the SRC programmes is to provide solutions to tough societal questions with long-term research and to promote leading and deciding with knowledge”, says the Strategic Research Council Chair Kimmo Nuotio.
In order to reach these goals, the SRC expects the funded projects to show active collaboration between those who produce new knowledge and those who use it throughout their term. According to the tentative schedule, the call text and guidelines will be published at the end of November on the Academy of Finland’s website and the call for letters of intent will be open until mid-January 2020.
More information and inquiries
- Science Adviser, Tuomas Katajarinne, +358 295 335 067
- Science Adviser, Krista Nuutinen, +358 295 335 043, firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi
- Communications, Academy of Finland, Tiina Salo, +358 295 335 084, firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi