The Academy of Finland’s April 2018 call for applications is now available (PDF) in Finnish, Swedish and English on the Academy’s website.
The news in this application round is that applicants can log in to Academy’s online services to submit their applications earlier than before, starting today in connection with the publication of the call text.
The April call includes funding under the Academy Programme Media and Society (MediaSoc) and funding for international research projects in the area of the Academy Programme Mineral Resources and Material Substitution (MISU). Funding is also available from the ICT 2023 programme, under the theme Beyond 5G Systems.
In addition, the April call includes funding for research infrastructures in the form of the FIRI 2018 call, which will provide funding for infrastructures included in Finland’s roadmap, new infrastructure initiatives and other non-roadmap infrastructures. Please note that the deadline for the FIRI 2018 call is in May.
Through the April call, the Academy also provides funding for NSF Graduate Research Fellows for research in Finland.
The Academy is keen to support the internationalisation of research. For example, we grant mobility allowances within research projects to support research spells abroad, and our funding may be used to hire foreign researchers and researchers who are returning to Finland.
Applications for the April 2018 call can be submitted in the online services between 1 March and 25 April 2018. The call closes at 16.15 local Finnish time.
Funding open for application in April 2018
- Academy Programme Media and Society (MediaSoc)
- Supplementary call within the Academy Programme Mineral Resources and Material Substitution (MISU): funding for international projects
- Research, development and innovation programme ICT 2023: Beyond 5G Systems
- Funding to NSF Graduate Research Fellows for research in Finland
- FIRI 2018 call for research infrastructures (call closes on 22 May 2018 at 16.15 local Finnish time); info event about the call on 16 March 2018