The Research Council of Finland reviews the state of scientific research in Finland in order to produce data to support the development efforts of higher education institutions and government research institutes and to strengthen the knowledge base available to science policy stakeholders. The materials produced include statistical and bibliometric analyses of research funding, research personnel and scientific publishing as well as analyses of specific themes.
The latest statistics on the state of scientific research in Finland
The latest statistics on the state of scientific research in Finland cover the areas of research funding, research personnel and scientific publishing. Data are presented for different research sectors, research organisations and field of science categories. Statistics on research funding and scientific publishing are also provided for major comparative countries.
The next round of statistics is scheduled for 2023.
- State of scientific research in Finland: Research funding, research personnel and scientific publishing (PDF)
Classifications of disciplines used in review:
- Classification of teaching and research staff (pdf)
- Bibliometric classification of disciplines (pdf)
Broader impact of research: statistical analysis of project report data collected by the Research Council of Finland
The present report provides a statistical overview of the broader impact of research based on project report data collected by the Research Council of Finland. The material consists of final reports submitted to the Research Council in 2017–2021 and covers calls for applications where funded projects used the Research Council’s general reporting template. The results are organised through various perspectives and pathways of impact.
- Broader impact of research: statistical analysis of project report data collected by the Academy of Finland. Laura Taajamaa. (pdf in Finnish)
Scientific publishing and collaboration in ecosystems: analysis of Finnish publications in Flagship-related topics
This report, produced jointly by the Research Council of Finland and CSC – IT Center for Science Ltd, studies the development of research topics related to the selected Flagships. The bibliometric study analysed collaboration among Finnish research organisations and international partners and measured the scientific impact of the research.
- Scientific publishing and collaboration in ecosystems: Analysis of Finnish publications in Flagship-related topics. Valeria Caras, Yrjö Leino and Aino Ropponen. (pdf)
- Laura Taajamaa, Senior Science Adviser, tel. +358 295 335 027
- Otto Auranen,Senior Science Adviser, tel. +358 295 335 141
Our email addresses are in the format firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi