Finnish Flagships – high-impact competence centres
- The Flagship Programme has organised two calls; both included 15 applications reviewed.
- In all, 205 international experts participated in the review.
- Applications from ten universities and six government research institutes
- Success rate 20% (of applications reviewed)
- The Flagships have long-term plans covering eight years.
- The Flagship term is 2019–2026.
- Collaborators include large enterprises, SMEs and start-ups, educational institutions, hospitals and other public actors
- During the eight-year period, there will be an estimated EUR 9 billion of activity in the Flagship areas.
- The majority of this funding comes from the business sector.