Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership
The Academy of Finland and the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry co-fund the Sustainable Blue Economy Partnership, a European partnership under the European Commission’s research and innovation framework programme Horizon Europe. The Partnership is coordinated by Italy (Ministry of University and Research), with Norway (Research Council of Norway) as co-coordinator.
Taking into account the European marine areas (the Mediterranean, the Black Sea, the Baltic Sea and the North Sea) and the Atlantic Ocean, it pools European RDI resources through the participation of a network of 25 countries, 60 organisations and the European Commission.
The Partnership has pre-announced its first joint transnational call, which addresses five priority areas. The Academy of Finland and the Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry will fund Finnish research projects under two priority areas: “Climate-neutral, environmentally sustainable, and resource-efficient blue food and feed” and “Green transition of Blue Food production”.
Inquiries and more information
- Call pre-announcement (SBEP website)
- Academy of Finland:
- Senior Science Adviser Jaana Lehtimäki, tel. +358 295 5060, and
- Science Adviser Päivi Kolu, tel. +358 295 335 028, firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi
- Ministry of Agriculture and Forestry:
- Ministerial Adviser, Elina Nikkola, tel. +358 295 262 333, and
- Ministerial Adviser, Timo Halonen, tel. +358 295 162 411, firstname.lastname(at)gov.fi