The Strategic Research Council (SRC) announces four programmes based on the 2019 themes for strategic research:
- Towards a Sustainable, Healthy and Climate-Neutral Food System (FOOD)
- Innovative Materials and Services to Promote Resource Wisdom and Sustainable Development (IMPRES)
- The Changing Role of Public Authority and the Potential for Steering Society(STEER)
- Culture in an Increasingly Technologically Driven Society (CULT)
In line with the Government’s decision, the cross-cutting priority of the 2019 programme themes is to strengthen the ethical dimension in research.
The Strategic Research Council (SRC) at the Academy of Finland provides funding for long-term, solution-driven research of a high scientific standard that is aimed at identifying solutions to major societal problems and challenges. SRC funding is based on open competition and independent peer review.
The present call has two stages. The first stage is open to all eligible applicants. The second stage is for applicants invited by the SRC to submit a full application.
The programme duration is 3 + 3 years (first and second funding period). Consortia can apply for 3–5 million euros for the first funding period (1 Jun 2019–31 Aug 2022).
In SRC calls, consortia applying for funding must include at least
- three subprojects
- two organisations
- three research fields.
The consortium’s research and interaction activities are distributed equally and
appropriately between work packages (WPs) so that the consortium brings definite
added value for the individual work packages.
Particular attention must be paid to interlinkages between WPs. In addition, applicants must thoroughly describe the consortium’s expected joint results and impact.
- The SRC requires that consortium PIs commit themselves with a sufficient level of input to heading the consortium.
- The research and interaction plan is still submitted as a PDF appendix, not by filling in the online form in the Academy's online services.
- Applicants invited to the second stage of the SRC call will be sent the updated technical instructions for the online services.
- IMPRES – Science Adviser Tuomas Katajarinne, tel. +358 295 335 067
- FOOD – Science AdviserJoona Lehtomäki, tel. +358 295 335 121
- CULT – Science Adviser Pilvi Toppinen, tel. +358 295 335 064
- STEER – Science Adviser Milja Saari, tel. +358 295 335 123
- strategic research in general – Director Jussi Vauhkonen, tel. +358 295 335 114