In its meeting on 12 June 2023, the Strategic Research Council (SRC) established within the Research Council of Finland granted continued funding to nine consortia and two programme directors in the following SRC programmes:
- Climate Change and Humans (CLIMATE, 2020–2026)
- Information Literacy and Evidence Informed Decision-Making (LITERACY, 2020–2026).
Senior Advisor Paula Schönach from Aalto University will continue as programme director of the CLIMATE programme, and Research Director Jarmo Viteli from Tampere University will continue as programme director of the LITERACY programme. As a rule, the consortia funded under SRC programmes run for six years, but the funding is granted in two three-year periods. Funding for a second funding period is granted based on an application for continued funding and the activities during the first period.
The consortia that were granted continued funding were launched in October 2020 and now received funding until September 2026. The amount of continued funding for each consortium is 80 per cent of the funding for the first period. The funding granted in the two programmes totalled 27 million euros, on average 3 million euros per consortium.
- SRC programme Climate Change and Humans (2023–2026 call for invited applicants) (PDF)
- SRC programme Information Literacy and Evidence-Informed Decision-Making (2023–2026 call for invited applicants) (PDF)
- questions about the programmes: Tuomas Katajarinne, Senior Science Adviser, tel. +358 295 335 067
- questions about the programme directors: Milja Saari, Senior Science Adviser, tel. +358 295 335 123
Our email addresses are in the format firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi.
Research Council of Finland Communications
Vesa Varpula, Communications Specialist
tel. +358 295 335 131