Calls open for research cooperation between Finland and USA: call info on 7 December 2021
The Academy of Finland has opened two new joint calls with its funding partners in the US, the National Science Foundation (NSF) and the National Institutes of Health (NIH). The calls are aimed at supporting joint research projects between Finnish and American researchers in fields represented by the Finnish Flagships. The support for the research collaboration will be implemented under the Academy’s Finnish Flagship Programme and the research, development and innovation programme ICT 2023.
The Academy has reserved a total of up to 5 million euros for supporting Finnish collaboration partners in 2022.
The joint calls will be carried out using a previously tested model under which the actual application is submitted to the US funder. However, the call process has been improved based on feedback received from the previous calls.
An information session about the calls will be organised on 7 December 2021 at 14.00–15.00. The replays will be available on the Academy’s website for two weeks. Read more and sign up.
Inquiries and more information
- NSF call text on Academy website (artificial intelligence and/or wireless communication technologies)
- NIH call text on Academy website (thematic areas of the Finnish Flagships)
- Read more about the Academy’s cooperation with the United States.
- Read more about the Finnish Flagship Programme.
- Read more about the ICT 2023 programme.
- Jukka Tanskanen, Senior Science Adviser, Academy of Finland, tel. +358 295 335 071
- Oskari Miettinen, Science Adviser, Academy of Finland, tel. +358 295 335 053
Our email addresses are in the format firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi.