'Future of the Circular Economy in Cities - Foresight Thursday' online event was held on 27th of August 2020. Please contact Programme Manager Saila Seppo by email (firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi) to obtain material presented in the event.
Megatrends like urbanization are increasing the demand for natural resources. Critical materials are needed to ensure the functionality of cities, but rare natural resources are dwindling fast. Towards the end of the materials’ life cycles, it is necessary to reclaim critical materials or elements and reuse or recycle them.
Academy of Finland is starting a programme on “Circular Economy in Cities – Critical Materials”. This Foresight Thursday is also a preparatory event for the programme’s call for proposals. Read more about the programme. Circular Economy offers Finland a competitive advantage and this program creates a basis for new solutions for reuse, reclaiming and recycling.
- Welcome, Jaana Tapanainen-Thiess, Strategy Department, Prime Minister’s Office
- The Circular Economy in Cities – Critical Materials programme, Prof. Reko Leino, Academy of Finland
- The Future of Circular Economy in Cities, Liv Öberg, Project manager, The City of Umeå, Sweden
- Circular Economy and Predictive Modelling, Dr. Ir. Christina Meskers, Senior Research Fellow at Helmholtz Institute Freiberg for Resource Technology, Germany
- Comments and Questions
- Closing words
- End of Foresight Thursday
Foresight events are regular meetings organized by the national foresight network. The themes and contents of these meetings vary and include foresight presentations and networking. The meetings are open to all who are interested in foresight and futures research.
- Saila Seppo, Programme Manager, Academy of Finland, tel. +358 29 533 5109
- Risto Vilkko, Programme Manager, Academy of Finland, tel. +358 29 533 5136
Our email addresses are in the format firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi.