The strategic research programme Disruptive Technologies and Changing Institutions provides funding to research into the identification and utilisation of disruptive technologies. The research consortia are expected to address the following questions:
- In the case of a concrete disruptive technology, how is it manifested in Finland and what are its potential benefits?
- In order to make the best possible use of that particular disruptive technology, what changes are required in human activity, institutions and operational methods?
- In what ways can the public sector best support a well-managed transition and thus create the best possible conditions for Finland to utilise disruptive technologies?
In addition, the consortia are expected to suggest ways in which we can ensure that businesses, employees, the public sector and consumers possess the resources and skills that promote an ability to adapt to the changes and risks brought about by disruptive technologies?
Consortium PI: Harri Kaartinen, Finnish Geospatial Research Institute FGI
Responsible for interaction activities: Pirjo Ståhle, Aalto University
Consortium composition: Finnish Geospatial Institute, University of Oulu, Aalto University, University of Turku
Consortium PI: Ville Kyrki, Aalto University
Responsible for interaction activities: Kalle Laakso, Tampere University
Consortium composition: Aalto University, Tampere University, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, Laurea University of Applied Sciences, Lappeenranta University of Technology
Consortium PI: Armi Temmes, Aalto University
Responsible for interaction activities: Vera Järvenreuna, Aalto University
Consortium composition: Aalto University, Finnish Environment Institute, Lappeenranta Unversity of Technology, University of Helsinki, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, Science Policy Research Unit (SPRU) / University of Sussex, VATT Institute for Economic Research, Motiva, The City of Lappeenranta, Heureka
Consortium PI: Martti Mäntylä, Aalto University
Responsible for interaction activities: Suvi Lavinto, Aalto University
Consortium composition: Lappeenranta University of Technology, Aalto University, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, University of Turku
Consortium PI: Maria Kopsakangas-Savolainen, University of Oulu
Responsible for interaction activities: Maija-Leena Huotari, University of Oulu
Consortium composition: University of Oulu, Finnish Meteorological Institute, University of Helsinki
Consortium PI: Ahti Salo, Aalto University
Responsible for interaction activities: Ilkka Lakaniemi, Aalto University
Consortium composition: VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd, Aalto University, International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis, University of Jyväskylä, Wilson Center, Imperial College London
- Programme Director Heli Koski, Chief research scientist, Research Institute of the Finnish Economy, firstname.lastname(at)etla.fi
- Tuomas Katajarinne, Science Adviser, tel. +358 29 533 5067, firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi