Policy briefs offer research-based information to support decision-making. SRC-funded projects produce a huge amount of research knowledge about Finnish society, and this knowledge should be passed on to policymakers so that it can be used, for example, in the preparation of legislation. A policy brief is a good tool for supporting science communication and promoting the social impact of research.
Below you will find policy briefs produced by SRC-funded projects in English. More policy briefs are available in Finnish on our Finnish web pages.
What makes a good policy brief? How can policy briefs influence decision-making? Read more: impact of policy briefs and tips from SRC-funded projects.
- Just food system transition requires a policy bringing together different objectives and a broad range of stakeholders (10/2020) (pdf)
food system, transition, climate change, justice
- Join the circular economy celebration (9/2020) (pdf) circular economy, sustainability, agency, individuals, organisations
- Globally responsible locally responsive (1/2020) (pdf) participatory governance, natural resources, local, global, social relations
- Promoting circular economy requires cross-silo collaboration (2020) (pdf)
circular economy, CE, sustainability, stakeholder cooperation
- Peatlands in the EU (2020) (pdf) peatlands, European Union, agriculture policy, sustainability
- ALL-YOUTH Masterclass: Recommendations to The Finnish Government (2/2019) (pdf)
rule of law, participation, youth, human rights, Council of Europe
- How does the LULUCF Regulation affect EU forest management (1/2019) (pdf) LULUCF, sustainable forest management, land use, European Union, EU Member States, climate change mitigation