Public description of the goals at the beginning of the project
SISU seeks to harness the untapped potential of sufficiency solutions for a just green transition in Finland, to address overconsumption and to enhance societal wellbeing and resilience. Key actions include:
- Simulating green transition and sufficiency scenarios using a new ecological macroeconomic model;
- Examining vulnerable groups’ future orientations using register data and interviews;
- Identifying ways to maintain citizens' trust in societal institutions during a green transition, with comparative analysis and Delphi workshops;
- Co-creating new anticipatory beliefs to drive sufficiency through novel Heritage Futures Workshops; and
- Engaging Finnish society in a discussion of sufficiency solutions through transition arenas. The SISU project offers innovative perspectives on the safe implementation of sufficiency solutions across scales and sectors, helping to achieve a more resilient and determined Finland that can maintain wellbeing within planetary boundaries.
- Consortium PI Arto Salonen, Professor, University of Eastern Finland, email@example.com