NordForsk: Call on Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change
NordForsk will arrange a call for proposals in the programme Sustainable Agriculture and Climate Change. The aim is to promote cooperation between the knowledge communities in the participating countries and to enhance opportunities to address challenges relating to sustainable agriculture. The programme seeks to develop strong interdisciplinary research networks in the Nordic and Baltic region, to produce innovative analyses and methods, and to support early-career researchers and their mobility. Also, the programme aims at interdisciplinary projects that combine disciplines.
The four thematic areas of the call are:
- Plants adapted for future Nordic and Baltic conditions
- Increased local and regional protein production for food and feed
- Plants and soil as a carbon sink
- Transformation towards climate-smart and profitable local and regional agriculture.
All proposals must address two or more of the thematic areas.
The research project must include partners from research-performing organisations in at least three participating countries (Estonia, Finland, Iceland, Lithuania, Norway and Sweden).
The Academy of Finland's Research Council of Biosciences, Health and the Environment has budgeted a total of 600,000 euros for researchers with Finnish affiliation that participate in the most successful research consortia of the call (max. €300,000/consortium). The Academy's guidelines for applicants primarily follow the guidelines applicable to Academy Project funding.
The call deadline is May 19 2022. Applications are submitted via NordForsk’s application portal (note the local time).
- Call details, deadlines and instructions (NordForsk website)
- Contact person (NordForsk): Kyösti Lempa, Senior Adviser, email@example.com, tel. +47 948 86 536
- Contact person (Academy of Finland): Suvi Broholm, Science Adviser, tel. +358 295 335 045
Our email addresses are in the format firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi.