Each year, we present the Academy of Finland Awards to promising researchers. The recipients must be Academy Research Fellows or work as Academy-funded Postdoctoral Researchers. Nominations are submitted by the Academy’s research councils to the Academy Board, which makes the final decisions.
The purpose of the awards is to recognise and encourage outstanding researchers with dynamic career prospects and to highlight goals and objectives the Academy considers important. The recipients are presented with a mouth-blown ornament, entitled “The Moment”, designed by Miia Liesegang.
List of winners:
- 2015: Tuuli Lähdesmäki and Lauri Nummenmaa
- 2014: Irmeli Mustalahti and Petri Ala-Laurila
- 2013: Sven Bossuyt and Kari Kalliokoski
- 2012: Anna-Liisa Laine (read more) and Mari Sandell (read more)
- 2011: Tapio Lokki and Mikko Salo
- 2010: Heli Skottman and Sampsa Hyysalo
- 2009: Miia Kivipelto and Otso Ovaskainen
- 2008: Hille Koskela and Minna Halme
- 2007: Hannes Lohi and Jan Lundell
- 2006: Teivo Teivainen and Jyri-Pekka Mikkola
- 2005: Ilpo Vattulainen and Tomas Roslin
- 2004: Hanna Tuomisto and Anna-Stiina Jääskeläinen
- 2003: Jari Ehrnrooth and Johanna Mappes