The application is not processed (inadmissible) if the applicant or the application do not meet the competence requirements or other key requirements, or if there otherwise are no preconditions for processing the application. This could mean an application missing the call deadline, a site of research not giving its commitment to the application, or the applicant being found guilty of research misconduct in the three years preceding the year of the call. The decision on not processing an application is made by the Vice President for Research.
A research council or another decision-making body may make the decision on not processing and not funding an application based on science policy objectives or based on it being apparent for another reason that the applicant cannot receive funding with the submitted application.
Besides the aforementioned, reasons to not process or review an application include:
- The application is substantially incomplete even after a request for supplementary information.
- The application concerns a purpose for which we do not grant funding.
- The application does not fall within the scope of the call.
- The application submitted within an Academy Programme call does not fall within the scope of the programme.
- The applicant has in the same application round submitted more than one application for one or several of the following schemes: funding for research post as Academy Research Fellow, funding for research post as Postdoctoral Researcher, Academy Project funding or funding for research post as Clinical Researcher. In this case, we will only review the first application to arrive.
- The applicant has not submitted a report on an ongoing or completed Academy-funded research project.
- A member of the Academy Board, research council or the Strategic Research Council applies for Academy funding during their term.
- Academy Programme applicant who has participated in the planning of the programme to an extent likely to give them a comparative advantage over other applicants. This applies to, for example, members and permanent experts of preparatory and steering committees.
- Another restriction mentioned in the call text.