ERA.Net RUS is a four-year project funded under the EU Seventh Framework Programme, launched in February 2009. The aim is to intensify and strengthen S&T cooperation between EU Member States and Associate Members and Russia by the coordination of national and regional S&T programmes towards and with Russia.
ERA.Net RUS stresses the significance of EU-Russia cooperation and aims at reaching a new level in S&T cooperation between the EU and Russia. ERA.Net RUS activities will contribute to improving the coherence and coordination of scientific collaboration between Europe and Russia and the complementarity between Member States, Associate Members and the Commission.
The major objectives of ERA.Net RUS are:
- to raise knowledge on bilateral and national S&T programmes of Member States and Associate Countries with or towards Russia, and on other relevant activities of non-governmental programme owners; to identify strengths and challenges of previous and present S&T programmes of Member States and Associate Countries with Russia; and to learn lessons from them and to make good use of them in this project
- to generate dialogue between the programme stakeholders in the EU, Associate Countries and Russia
- to identify the common ground (in terms of goals and thematic priorities) across present bilateral S&T programmes of Member States and Associate Countries with Russia or national S&T and innovation programmes towards Russia
- to develop an appropriate instrumental setting for joint funding activities for programme owners with a view to carrying out joint research projects
- to implement a pilot joint call of interested programme owners in Member States and Associate Countries and Russia from inside and outside the project consortium
- to carry out an assessment of the effectiveness and efficiency of the pilot call, with the aim to solving the problems found and developing an appropriate instrumental model for joint funding activities and to present it to programme owners in the EU, Associate Countries and Russia.
The project is aimed at decreasing incoherence in S&T cooperation between EU Member States and Russia, strengthening and expanding the international dimension of the ERA concept that will benefit both European and Russian S&T players as well as decision-makers, business and industry and communities.
ERA.Net RUS partners
- Project Management Organisation of the Federal Ministry of Education and Research – German Aerospace Centre (PT-DLR), Germany (project coordinator)
- National Centre for Scientific Research (CNRS), France
- Federal Ministry of Science and Research (BMWF), Austria
- Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI), Austria
- Government Office for Research and Technology (NKTH), Hungary
- Academy of Finland (AKA), Finland
- General Secretariat for Research and Technology (GSRT), Greece
- Archimedes Foundation (Archimedes), Estonia
- Research Council of Norway, (RCN), Norway
- The Scientific and Technological Research Council of Turkey (TUBITAK), Turkey
- Russian Research Center, Kurchatov Institute (KIAE), Russia
- State University, Higher School of Economics (HSE), Venäjä
- International Centre for Innovations in Science, Technology and Education (ICISTE), Russia
tel. +358 295 335 143