The centres of emphasis of the space research programme carried out by the Academy of Finland and the National Technology Agency Tekes lied in space science and remote sensing. ANTARES was aimed for a wide consortia of projects with strong international connections.
The aim of the research programme was to
- maintain and develop the high level of Finnish space research
- carry out Finnish space strategy at a practical level
- support projects which are in an active building phase
- increase educational opportunities in space science
- increase national and international networking
- develop the knowledge and visibility of space activities
The Academy of Finland and Tekes coordinate the funding of space science and technology. Tekes funded the program with over EUR 10 million. The share of funding by the Academy of Finland was EUR 4,6 million.
Evaluation report 6/04 Antrares evaluation.pdf
The programme was coordinated by Professor Väinö Kelhä, VTT