The NOP-HS Scientific Journal Grant aims to promote the dissemination of qualified research results within the fields of humanities and social sciences. NOP-HS supports Nordic journals of the highest quality that promote renewal in the research field.
The grant is open to journals with a humanities or social sciences orientation. The journals must have a Nordic foundation, have an external peer review system and be regularly indexed by international databases. As of 2016, the supported journals must be electronically accessible. As of 2018, the supported journal must be open access.
The current terms and conditions for the grant are described in the call for proposals.
The journal grant decisions are made by NOP-HS, a sub-board to the NOS-HS.
NOP-HS Journal Grants 2019
The call is open 3 September – 30 September, 2019 closing at 16:15 local Finnish time (UTC+03:00).
You will need the following documents to prepare a successful application:
- Call for applications: NOP-HS Journal Grants 2019
- Appendix 1: NOP-HS Eligibility check
- Appendix 2: NOP-HS Journal project description
- Appendix 3: NOP-HS Journal budget proposal
- Appendix 4: Application details for NOP-HS Scientific Journal grants
- Appendix 5: Publishing contract
The grant will be available in three sizes: small, medium and large. See definitions for each category, and state in the application form which grant you apply for. The funding period is max. for two years, starting 1.1.2020.
Small grant: 2 800 € per year
1) A grant for newly established journals that cannot yet show great impact. 1-year grant.
2) A grant for journals with low budget, which nevertheless make a convincing case of the journal’s quality and the need for the journal. 1- or 2-year grant.
Medium grant: 5 600 € per year
A grant for journals publishing less than three issues and 300 pages per year. One issue is expected to contain a minimum of three refereed articles. 1- or 2-year grant.
Large grant: 11 200 € per year
A grant for established, stable journals publishing at least three issues and 300 pages per year. One issue is expected to contain a minimum of three refereed articles. 1- or 2-year grant.
You may find the following information useful:
Applications are submitted in the Academy of Finland online services.
For further questions please contact at nop-hs(at)aka.fi.