The Academy of Finland’s September 2015 call for applications is now available in English on the Academy’s website. The Finnish-language version was published earlier. Applications can be submitted in the online services as of Tuesday 1 September. The deadline for applications is Wednesday 30 September at 16.15. Please note that the call deadline for the ERA-NET HERA call is 9 April. The deadlines of some funding opportunities may differ from the main deadline. Please check the deadline for each call in the call text.
As of the September 2015 call, we require that Academy-funded projects commit to open access publishing. We urge projects to make their research data and methods freely available. A plan on open access publishing and open data must be outlined as part of the research plan.
We now also recommend that curricula vitae be no more than four pages long. We have also simplified the process of submitting a consortium application. Please see the What’s new summary for more details.
The call concerning funding for development research, scheduled to open in September 2015, depends on whether there will be funding available from the Finnish Ministry for Foreign Affairs. In addition, contrary to earlier information, the FiDiPro funding programme will not open a call in September 2015. Applicants should also note that the cuts being made to the Academy’s budget authority may result in a reduced size of individual funding decisions and in a smaller number of funded posts than in previous rounds.
Funding open for application in September 2015:
For research projects
- Academy Project funding, all research fields
- Targeted Academy Project funding
- ICT 2023 programme: fifth thematic call, information security, letters of intent
- Funding for development research
Within Academy Programmes
- International call for joint projects in mineral resources research: Academy of Finland and NRF, South Africa, and Academy of Finland and CONICYT, Chile
- Research post as Academy Professor
- Research post as Academy Research Fellow
- Research post as Postdoctoral Researcher
- Funding for clinical researchers
- Funding for international researcher mobility based on bilateral agreements
For research environments
- SRC matching funds for Horizon 2020