The Finnish Research Infrastructure Committee (FIRI Committee) at the Academy of Finland monitors and develops Finnish and international research infrastructure activity, provides funding to infrastructure projects and monitors funded projects. The Committee also takes care of other infrastructure tasks as assigned to it by the Academy Board.
- Chair: Vice President for Research Riitta Maijala (Academy of Finland)
- Vice Chair: Counsellor for Science Affairs Erja Heikkinen (Ministry of Education, Science and Culture)
- Director General Juhani Eskola, National Institute for Health and Welfare
- Rector Mikko Hupa, Åbo Akademi University
- Rector Keijo Hämäläinen, University of Jyväskylä
- Director General Lea Kauppi, Finnish Environment Institute
- Ministerial Adviser Pirjo Kutinlahti, Ministry of Employment and the Economy
- Rector Liisa Laakso, University of Tampere
- Rector Markku Lahtinen, Arene, Tampere Polytechnic
- Executive Director Teija Lahti-Nuuttila, Business Finland
- Professor Reko Leino, Research Council for Natural Sciences and Engineering
- Rector Jukka Mönkkönen, University of Eastern Finland
- Senior Advisor Anne-Christine Ritschkoff, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
- Professor Mika Rämet, Research Council for Health
- Professor Hannu Savolainen, Research Council for Culture and Society
- Permanent Secretary Päivi Sillanaukee, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Professor Lea Sistonen, Research Council for Biosciences and Environment.
Counsellor of Education Petteri Kauppinen from the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture is a permanent expert on the Committee.