In spring 2016, the SRC will be preparing a proposal on themes to be submitted to the Government for approval.
- Theme proposals received through an online survey in 2016 (PDF, in Finnish)
- Results from thematic workshop in 2016 (PDF, in Finnish)
The SRC presented its proposals for strategic research themes for 2017 and 2018 during a public hearing to be held on 18 April 2016 in Helsinki. A recorded video of the event (in Finnish) is available in www.aka.fi/stn-kuulemistilaisuus.
The SRC decided the final contents of its theme proposal on 13 June 2016. The new research themes proposed by the SRC include:
- Transforming citizenship – democracy in global turmoil (theme for 2017)
- Reform or fade away – resources and solutions (theme for 2018)
In addition, the SRC has identified two focal points that bisect the theme area:
- Information in decision-making and execution
- Demographic changes