The first call under the funding instrument for strategic research will be opened in connection with the Academy of Finland’s April 2015 call. The relevant funding criteria will be presented during three briefings in March:
- 5 March at 9.00–12.00 in Helsinki, Auditorium of the National Museum of Finland (Mannerheimintie 34)
- 10 March at 13.00–16.00 in Tampere, Tampere Hall (Yliopistonkatu 55)
- 16 March at 13.00–16.00 in Oulu, University of Oulu (Paavo Havaksen tie 3, auditorium IT 116, Environmental Sciences Building, Linnanmaa Campus)
The briefings will present the three strategic research programmes, their funding principles and schedules and the requirements for interaction. In addition, participants will get a chance to take part in Q&A sessions. The briefings will be held in Finnish, but we also welcome questions in English.
More details on the briefings will be sent to the participants by email closer to the events.
Register at: http://www.academyevents.fi/
- Helsinki 5 March: code STNHELSINKI, no later than 25 February 2015
- Tampere 10 March: code STNTAMPERE, no later than 2 March 2015
- Oulu 16 March: code STNOULU, no later than 6 March 2015
The Helsinki briefing on 5 March will also be streamed live online at www.aka.fi/stn-info. Viewers will be able to join in the discussion via text message or Twitter using the hashtag #strateginentutkimus. Texts and tweets will be displayed on a screen at the briefing. All presentations and videos will be posted online after the event.
For more information on the funding instrument for strategic research, go to www.aka.fi/stn.
You can also join in the discussion on LinkedIn.