Reviewers may be disqualified for a number of reasons, such as:
- if the approval or rejection of the application may in any way benefit or harm them
- if they have had close collaboration with the applicant, e.g.:
- co-authored/published articles with the applicant in the past three years
- been involved in the same group as the applicant or are involved in the publication or application of the results
- been a superior, subordinate or instructor of the applicant in the past three years
- if they are applying for the same post as the applicant
- if they are applying for funding from the Academy in the same call cycle
- if the applicant is a close person to them.
A close person is:
- spouse (also de facto), child, grandchild, sibling, parent, grandparent or a person otherwise especially close to the person (e.g. fiancé/e or a close friend), as well as their spouses (also de facto)
- sibling of the person's parent or his/her spouse (also de facto), a child of the person's sibling, the person's previous spouse (also de facto)
- child, grandchild, sibling, parent or grandparent of the person's spouse as well as their spouses (also de facto), a child of a sibling of the person's spouse
- half-relative comparable to the above mentioned people.
Reviewers will also be disqualified if their impartiality may otherwise be endangered, or if they feel that they have a conflict of interest in the application review.
Please notify us as soon as possible if you are unable to act as a reviewer.