One of the government’s long-term objectives is to raise the level of skills and education in Finland, which promotes the self-renewal of Finnish society and equality of opportunity. Finland is at the cutting edge of education and skills development and modern learning methods. The six key projects funded by the Academy of Finland under this theme are committed to explore the challenges and opportunities for novel forms of education.
- Hankonen Nelli: Enhancing physical activity promotion in upper secondary schools: Nationwide dissemination and implementation of evidence-based intervention strategies
- Hannula-Sormunen Minna: Math All Around You
- Jouste Marko: Skolt Saami Memory Bank - A Pilot for Data Management and Revitalisation of Endangered Skolt Saami Music, Language, and Culture
- Kalmi Panu: Game-Based Financial Education in Schools
- Kiili Kristian: Web-based research service for deploying mathematics learning apps and game-based assessment in global scale
- Valkonen Sanna: Culturally and Socially Sustainable Museum. Reframing the Policies of Representing Indigenous Sámi Culture in the Sámi Museum Siida