The EU-India Platform for Social Sciences and Humanities (EqUIP) is a €1.5 million project funded by the European Commission, bringing together research funding and research support organisations in Europe and India in order to develop a stronger strategic partnership in the social sciences and humanities. EqUIP was launched in May 2014 and runs until April 2017.
- to provide a more coherent overview of the current scope of collaborative activity between Europe and India in the social sciences and humanities
- to develop best-practice approaches and challenges for research cooperation between Europe and India in the social sciences and humanities
- to facilitate the networking of existing projects and identify opportunities and priorities for future research collaboration between Europe and India in the social sciences and humanities, influencing policy documents and in particular future Horizon 2020 work programmes for societal challenges
- to establish networks of pan-European and Indian researchers in the social sciences and humanities conducting excellent research and addressing cutting-edge research questions.
By bringing together a significant corpus of high-quality national research funding agencies, EqUIP aims to enable major advances in scientific knowledge and build relationships. By encouraging transnational research coordination and intensifying communication, the project helps national agencies to work together and achieve convergence in both research policy and research practice.
- UK – Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), Arts and Humanities Research Council (AHRC)
- India – Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR)
- Finland – Academy of Finland
- France – French National Research Agency (ANR)
- Italy – Agency for the Promotion of European Research (APRE)
- Germany – German Research Foundation (DFG), German Aerospace Centre (DLR)
- Portugal – Foundation for Science and Technology (FCT)
- Slovenia – Ministry of Education, Science and Sports (MIZS)
- Netherlands – Netherlands Organisation for Scientific Research (NWO)
- Norway – Research Council of Norway (RCN)
- Austria – Centre for Social Innovation (ZSI)
tel. +358 295 335 125