The Academy of Finland and the Russian Foundation for Basic Research (RFBR) have decided to launch a call for joint projects in the field of Arctic research. The thematic areas of the joint call are:
- Changing Arctic climate, changing diseases
- Ecosystem adaptation to the rapidly changing Arctic
- Information technologies for exploration and geomonitoring in the Arctic
- Youth’s coping strategies in industrial towns in the north.
The aim is to support long-term and systematic research collaboration with a view to promoting the creation and strengthening of research networks between Finland and Russia. Applications must involve research teams from both countries. The funding period is three years, 2018–2020.
The Finnish partner applies for funding from the Academy of Finland according to its guidelines, and the Russian partner from the RFBR according to its guidelines. The projects to be carried out in Finland will be funded by the Academy and those to be carried out in Russia by the RFBR. The title of the project and the content of the research plan have to be identical in both applications.
The deadline for applications is 11 September at 16.15 local Finnish time. The Academy of Finland will allocate 1.8 million euros to this call. The applicants should bear this in mind when planning the size of the project. The budget of the project should be realistic and the costs must be justified and clearly described.
Funded projects will be linked to the ARKTIKO Academy Programme and be requested to follow the same obligations as the research projects funded under ARKTIKO.
- Programme Manager Mikko Ylikangas, tel. +358 295 335 143
- Programme Manager Tuula Aarnio, tel. +358 295 335 146