The Academy of Finland has launched the planning of a new Academy Programme with the working title “novel applications of artificial intelligence in physical sciences and engineering research”. To support the planning of the programme’s contents, the Academy organised a discussion primarily for researchers interested in the topic. The discussion was held in Helsinki 7 June 2017.
Watch the recording of the webcast.
Chair: Juha Kinnunen, Aalto University, chair of the steering group of the programme
13.00–13.10 Welcome, Juha Kinnunen
13.10–14.15 Presentations by panellists
14.15–14.30 Coffee break
14.30–16.00 Panel and discussion (Chair: Erkki Oja)
Speakers and panel members:
- Hannu Häkkinen (University of Jyväskylä)
- Pauliina Ilmonen (Aalto University): Artificial Intelligence, Applications and New Perspectives
- Arto Klami (University of Helsinki): Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning
- Kai Nordlund (University of Helsinki): Artificial intelligence–what do we materials scientist think it means?
- Juha Röning (University of Oulu): Novel applications of artificial intelligence in physical sciences and engineering research
- Harri Valpola (The Curious AI Company): The Future of AI