The call opens on 1 September and closes on 27 September at 16.15 local Finnish time. Please check the deadline separately for each call in the call text. The deadlines are non-negotiable.
Funding for research teams
A. Open themes
- Academy Project funding, all research fields
B. Specific themes
- Academy Programme for Development Research; deadline 16 Oct 2017
- Academy Programme for Artificial Intelligence in Physical Sciences and Engineering Research (AIPSE); deadline 27 Sep 2017
- ARKTIKO Academy Programme: joint call in Arctic research with RFBR, Russia; deadline 11 Sep 2017
Funding for individual researchers
- Funding for research post as Academy Research Fellow
- Funding for research post as Postdoctoral Researcher
- Funding for research post as clinical researcher
- Funding for international researcher mobility based on bilateral agreements
Funding for research environments
- SRC matching funds for Horizon 2020; open-ended deadline
We post open calls on our website under Apply now. For detailed guidelines on how to apply, visit these sections on our website:
- call texts for our main calls, describing our available funding opportunities
- guidelines on how to draft and submit applications
- guidelines on how to draft appendices (structure and length)
- programme memoranda for our programmes
- how-to guide to our online services.
Also read our step-by-step guide to applying, which is a brief summary of the most important steps you will need to follow to submit your application.
In connection with our main calls, we often also publish a “What’s new” summary describing any new and revised guidelines for that particular call.
We require that you carefully read the call text and the guidelines mentioned above before submitting your application.
The funding decisions concerning the September 2017 call will be made in March–June 2018. Detailed information and decision dates will be published at Funding decisions.
- Contact persons named in the September call text
- September 2017 call: What's new?