This is a list of the most important steps you will need to follow to submit your application.
- Check our latest call for applications or Our funding opportunities for information on what funding you can apply for.
- Read both the general and the call-specific guidelines in the latest call for applications.
- Make sure that your site of research will commit to supporting the project.
- Log in to our online services as early as possible when the call opens. Update your personal details.
- Start drafting the application and its appendices as early as possible. You can draft appendices even before the call opens, and update the application form until the call closes.
- Draft the appendices (e.g. research plan, CV and list of publications) following the guidelines provided. Get to know the review forms and the review criteria, and make sure to consider the criteria in your application. You may save and update the appendices until the call closes.
- You can fill in the application section by section. Make the scientific abstract interesting and descriptive, and provide several detailed keywords (for the research topic, material and methods). Also take some time to write a readable popular description. Remember to save the form every 60 minutes. Submit the application only after you have filled in all obligatory information.
- Consult the administration at your site of research when filling in budgetary details. Justify each cost item in the research plan.
- Show the finished application to a colleague and make the most of the feedback.
- Submit the application before the closing date. The system will only accept applications that contain all obligatory information. You cannot edit or submit the application after the deadline has expired.
The call for applications contains most of the information you will need to apply for funding. If you are unsure about something, consult your site of research or the call’s contact person.
Information on decision dates is available on our website. We will update the information as it becomes available. After the funding decision is made, we will send you an email with a link to the online services, where you can view the decision and any reviews drafted on your application.
If you have any questions for us after submitting the application and before the decision is made, please call or email the call’s contact person.