The Academy of Finland and Tekes, the Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation, are committed to implementing the research, development and innovation programme ICT 2023.
According to the report of the ICT 2015 Working Group (Paths to a Frictionless Finland), the aim of the ICT 2023 programme is to improve Finland’s scientific expertise in computer science and digital content development. The programme brings together universities, research institutes, business companies and funding bodies.
- ICT 2023: Energy-efficient ICT systems of the future (deadline 14 Dec 2017)
This is a targeted call aimed at funding basic research and new research initiatives into the energy-efficiency of ICT systems. Examples of research topics:
- co-design and optimisation of energy-efficient algorithms and software and equipment architecture, tools for design and optimisation
- energy efficiency in battery-powered, long-life (10–15 years) systems
- energy-autonomous equipment and systems
- energy-efficiency-related optimisation, trade-offs (spectral efficiency, delay, reliability, information security) and overall control
- energy consumption models for algorithms, software and equipment.
- Industrial internet
- Computation, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- User-centred health technology and digital health services.
- ICT 2023 programme: WiFiUS, wireless communications and networking
- ICT 2023 programme: information security, letters of intent
- Methods and applications for management and analysis of big data and open data
- Advanced microsystems: from smart components to cyber-physical systems
- ICT 2023 programme, second thematic call: ICT sensors and actuators
- ICT 2023/WiFiUS – wireless communication (Academy of Finland, Tekes, and NSF, USA)
- ICT 2023 memorandum, sixth thematic call: Autonomous systems and the augmented human
- ICT 2023 memorandum, fifth thematic call: Information security 2015
- ICT 2023 memorandum, fourth thematic call: Advanced microsystems: from smart components to cyber-physical systems
- ICT 2023 memorandum, third thematic call: Methods and applications for management and analysis of big data and open data
- ICT 2023 memorandum, second thematic call: ICT sensors and actuators
- ICT 2023 memorandum, first thematic: Information security
Senior Science Adviser
tel. +358 295 335 058
tel. +358 295 335 054