The Strategic Research Council (SRC) at the Academy of Finland will open a new call to supplement the SRC programme Keys to Sustainable Growth.The supplementary call has two stages. The second stage will open in June 2018.
The SRC’s funding budget for the first funding period of the supplementary call is 14.5 million euros. The SRC will most likely provide funding to 3–5 consortia in total.The call is designed to create new research-based knowledge and solutions for the development of products and services amid changes that affect consumption and manufacturing systems. New research knowledge is especially needed on the following themes:
- transformation and development of business ecosystems in change
- infrastructures and an innovation system that support and renew economic activity
- institutions and policies that support or regulate economic activities.
The idea is to find research consortia that present new combinations of expertise and non-traditional forms of collaboration between disciplines. In particular, the SRC is seeking consortia that include slightly rarer discipline combinations, such as engineering research combined with humanities research, or medical research combined with environmental sciences.
The funding period of the supplementary call for the SRC programme Keys to Sustainable Growth is five years. The funding will be granted in two parts (3 + 2 years). At the end of the first funding period, the consortia will go through an interim evaluation that will determine the funding for the next period.
Read the PDF version of the call text here:
- Supplementary call for SRC programme Keys to Sustainable Growth (2018–2023) (PDF) 31 Jan 2018
- Corrigendum to call text 31 Jan 2018(pdf)
- Science Adviser Joona Lehtomäki, tel. +358 295 335 121, firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi