The call opens on 10 September and closes on 1 October at 16.15 local Finnish time. Please check the deadline separately for each call in the call text. The deadlines are non-negotiable.
Funding for research teams
- Academy Project funding, all research fields
- Targeted call within ICT 2023 programme: Programmable World and Advanced Software
Funding for individual researchers
- Funding for research post as Academy Research Fellow
- Funding for research post as Postdoctoral Researcher
- Funding for research post as clinical researcher
- Funding for international researcher mobility based on bilateral agreements
NB! Supplement to September 2018 call
Funding for research environments
- SRC matching funds for Horizon 2020; open-ended deadline
- Read key sections of the call text: the guidelines for applicants, the guidelines specific to the scheme from which you’re applying for funding and the appendices that concern the scheme.
- Make sure you have a commitment from your site of research (usually a university or research institute) to supporting the project.
- Log in to our online services when the call opens. Update your personal details.
- Start drafting the application as early as possible. You can draft appendices even before the call opens, and update the application form until the call closes. You may also use a test call feature before the call opens.
- Start writing the research plan as early as possible. Draft the appendices (e.g. CV and data management plan) following the guidelines provided. You may save and update the form and the appendices until the call closes.
- Get to know the review forms and the review criteria, and be sure to consider them when writing your research plan.
- You can fill in the application section by section. Make the scientific abstract interesting and descriptive, and provide several detailed keywords (at least research topic, material and methods). Also take time to write a readable popular description. As of September 2018, the research plan is entered on a separate tab of the online form. Remember to save the form every 60 minutes. Submit the application only after you’ve filled in all obligatory information.
- Consult your site of research when filling in budget details. You’ll need these: percentages for overheads and indirect employee costs, coefficient for effective working hours and details on VAT practice. Justify each cost item in the free-text fields on the tab Funding plan.
- Show the finished application to a colleague and make the most of the feedback.
- Submit the application (incl. obligatory appendices and details) well before the closing date. The system will only accept applications that contain all obligatory information. You can edit and supplement the application until the deadline expires. You can’t edit or submit the application after the deadline has expired.
Information on decision dates is available on our website. We’ll update the information as it becomes available.
After the funding decision has been made, we’ll send you an email with a link to the online services, where you can view the decision and any reviews drafted on your application.
You’ll find answers to most questions in the call text and its appendices. If you have questions about the call, get in touch with relevant representatives at your site of research or the call’s contact person.
If you have questions for us after submitting the application and before the decision is made, please call or email the call’s contact person.
The funding decisions concerning the September 2018 call will be made in March–June 2019. Detailed information and decision dates will be published at Funding decisions.