The Strategic Research Unit at the Academy of Finland will organise information events about the supplementary call (2018–2023) for the Strategic Research Council’s (SRC) programme Keys to Sustainable Growth. Join us at the events to learn more about the call, its funding principles, interaction requirements and call schedules.
The sessions in Oulu, Lappeenranta and Tampere will also include a presentation by Programme Manager Tuomas Katajarinne (Academy of Finland), who will talk about upcoming calls within Academy Programmes.
The events will be given in Finnish. All presentation slides will be made available in English on the SRC’s website. The call text for the supplementary call is available in Finnish, Swedish and English. Participants may ask questions in English at the events.
There will also be live webcasts from the events (TBC). The webcasts may also be viewed afterwards on the SRC’s website.
- Tuesday 27 Feb 2018 at 13.00–15.00, Helsinki (Academy of Finland, auditorium, Hakaniemenranta 6, Helsinki)
- Thursday 1 Mar 2018 at 13.00–15.30, University of Oulu (Pentti Kaiteran katu 1, Linnanmaa, room KTK122, Oulu)
- Wednesday 7 Mar 2018 at 13.00–15.30, Lappeenranta University of Technology (Skinnarilankatu 34, room 4304–4305, Lappeenranta)
- Thursday 8 Mar 2018 at 13.00–15.30, University of Tampere (Pinni B 3116, University of Tampere, Main Campus, Tampere)
The supplementary call for the SRC programme Keys to Sustainable Growth is designed to create new research-based knowledge and solutions for the development of products and services amid changes that affect consumption and manufacturing systems. New research knowledge is especially needed on the following themes:
- transformation and development of business ecosystems in change
- infrastructures and an innovation system that support and renew economic activity
- institutions and policies that support or regulate economic activities.
The idea is to find research consortia that present new combinations of expertise and non-traditional forms of collaboration between disciplines. In particular, the SRC is seeking consortia that include slightly rarer discipline combinations, such as engineering research combined with humanities research, or medical research combined with environmental sciences.
The SRC’s funding budget for the first funding period of the supplementary call is 14.5 million euros. The SRC will most likely provide funding to 3–5 consortia in total. The funding period is five years. The funding will be granted in two parts (3 + 2 years). At the end of the first funding period, the consortia will go through an interim evaluation that will determine the funding for the next period.
- Science Adviser Joona Lehtomäki, tel. +358 295 335 121, firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi
- Science Adviser Milja Saari, tel. +358 295 335 123, firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi
- Science Adviser Jyrki Hakapää, tel. +358 295 335 020, firstname.lastname(at)aka.fi
Academy of Finland Communications
Leena Vähäkylä, Communications Specialist
tel. +358 295 335 139
The Strategic Research Council (SRC) established within the Academy of Finland provides funding for high-quality scientific research that has great societal relevance and impact. The SRC’s 2018 funding budget is 55 million euros.
The Academy of Finland a government agency within the administrative branch of the Finnish Ministry of Education, Science and Culture. Our mission is to fund high-quality scientific research, provide expertise in science and science policy, and strengthen the position of science and research. In 2018, our funding for research amounts to 436 million euros.