The funding schemes that will open for application in April include funding for research posts as Academy Professor and two Academy Programmes: Radiation Detectors for Health, Safety and Security (RADDESS) and Health from Science (TERVA).
Also included in the call are funding from the ICT 2023 programme under three themes and funding to NSF Graduate Fellows for research in Finland.
Funding to be provided to up to 15 new Academy Professors
The funding for a research post as Academy Professor is intended for internationally leading-edge researchers and recognised experts in their field who are expected to have great scientific impact in the scientific community and in society at large. The aim of the present call is to provide funding to up to 15 new Academy Professors.
The call has two stages. A new practice adopted as of this call is that Academy Professor applications will go through an international peer review process both at the first and the second call stage. The funding decisions on new Academy Professors will be made in June 2018.
Specifications added to research-ethical practices and mobility reporting
The Academy has further elaborated its research-ethical policies. The Academy will not process a funding application if the applicant has been found guilty of research misconduct in the three years preceding the year of the call.
Also as of the April 2017 call, applicants must enter their previous mobility periods in their applications in accordance with the limit set in the data collection on universities applied by the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture. Only visits of at least five working days in total count as a previous mobility period. The same limit also applies when reporting on funded projects.
Applications can be submitted in the Academy’s online services as of Monday 3 April. The call closes on Wednesday 26 April at 16.15 local Finnish time.
Funding open for application in April 2017
- Academy Programme Radiation Detectors for Health, Safety and Security (RADDESS), call for letters of intent
- Academy Programme Health from Science (TERVA), call for letters of intent
- Targeted call: Thematic call of the research, development and innovation programme ICT 2023
- Industrial internet
- Computation, machine learning and artificial intelligence
- User-centred health technology and digital health services.
- Funding to NSF Graduate Fellows for research in Finland
- Funding for research post as Academy Professor
- April 2017 call text in Finnish (PDF) and in English (PDF)
- Step-by-step guide to applying
- Guidelines for data management plan (updated 7 Mar 2017)
- Diagram: Steps involved in drafting a consortium application (updated 7 Mar 2017)
- contact persons named in the call text
Academy of Finland Communications
Vesa Varpula, Communications Specialist
tel. +358 295 335 131