Academy of Finland targets funding at research on the Arctic, mineral resources and ICT
10 Oct 2013
The Finnish Government’s third supplementary budget proposal includes an increase of EUR 20 million in the Academy of Finland’s allocation authority for 2013. The Academy will direct this funding to boost knowledge-based growth. Consequently, the Academy will open an extra call for research funding. A total of EUR 8 million of this funding will be allocated to Arctic research and research on mineral resources.
The Academy of Finland and Tekes, the Finnish Funding Agency for Technology and Innovation, will cooperate to implement the research, development and innovation programme ICT 2023. According to the Government’s budget proposal for 2014, at least EUR 10 million of the Academy’s allocation authority for 2014 will be used to implement the ICT 2023 programme. The theme of the first thematic call is information security. The Academy and Tekes will launch parallel calls simultaneously.
The extra call also includes funding within the EU’s Joint Programming Initiatives (JPI).
The call text for the extra call has been posted on our website. The call opens on 19 November 2013 and closes on 18 December 2013 at 16.15.
Funding open for application:
The Academy’s targeted calls:
- First thematic ICT 2023 call: Information security, letters of intent
- Sustainable economy and infrastructure in Arctic conditions, letters of intent
- Primary mineral resources
Joint Programming Initiatives (JPI):
- JPI Climate: Connecting climate knowledge for Europe, deadline 29 October 2013
- Water JPI: Water challenges for a changing world
- JPND: Neurodegenerative diseases, preventive strategies
- JPND: Cross-disease analysis of pathways
- www.aka.fi/eng > Funding & guidance > Apply now > Extra call 2013 (PDF)
- the contact persons named in the call for applications
- www.aka.fi/eng > Questions and feedback
Academy of Finland Communications
Communications Specialist Vesa Varpula
tel. +358 295 335 131