The Finnish Research Infrastructure Committee (FIRI Committee) at the Academy of Finland monitors and develops Finnish and international research infrastructure activity, provides funding to infrastructure projects and monitors funded projects. The Committee also takes care of other infrastructure tasks as assigned to it by the Academy Board.
- Chair: Vice President for Research Riitta Maijala (Academy of Finland)
- Vice Chair: Counsellor for Science Affairs Erja Heikkinen (Ministry of Education, Science and Culture)
- Professor Paula Eerola, University of Helsinki
- Director General Juhani Eskola, National Institute for Health and Welfare
- Rector Mikko Hupa, Åbo Akademi University
- Vice Rector Keijo Hämäläinen, Universities Finland UNIFI, University of Helsinki
- Director General Lea Kauppi, Finnish Environment Institute
- Ministerial Adviser Pirjo Kutinlahti, Ministry of Employment and the Economy
- Rector Liisa Laakso, University of Tampere
- Rector Markku Lahtinen, Rectors’ Conference of Finnish Universities of Applied Sciences (ARENE), Tampere Polytechnic
- Director Ilona Lundström, Tekes – Finnish Funding Agency for Innovation
- Rector Jukka Mönkkönen, University of Eastern Finland
- Professor Hannu Savolainen, University of Jyväskylä
- Executive Vice President, Strategic Research Anne-Christine Ritschkoff, VTT Technical Research Centre of Finland Ltd
- Professor Mika Rämet, University of Oulu
- Permanent Secretary Päivi Sillanaukee, Ministry of Social Affairs and Health
- Professor Lea Sistonen, Åbo Akademi University.
Counsellor of Education Petteri Kauppinen from the Ministry of Education, Science and Culture is a permanent expert on the Committee.